INTERVENTION ORDERS: BECAUSE EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND ADVOCACY IS YOUR BEST DEFENCE.
Irrespective of whether you are an applicant or a respondent in a Family Violence Intervention Order, or a Personal Safety Intervention Order, Shane McClure has the court experience to assist you.
There are two types of intervention orders:
- A family violence intervention order helps to protect a family member from another family member;
- A personal safety intervention order helps to protect one person from another person, who is not a family member.
Intervention orders have rules (called conditions) about how the person (called the respondent) can behave towards you. The respondent must follow the conditions of the order. If they don’t, the police can intervene.
Intervention orders recognise that there are multiple forms of abuse (including threats), such as:
- Physical Abuse
- Emotional or Psychological Abuse
- Includes unlawful invading of personal space, racial commentaries, forcing unlawful action, preventing the victim from entering their place of residence.
- Unreasonable and Non-consensual Denial Of Financial, Social Or Personal Autonomy
- Includes depraving of minimum financial or social support, performing coercion, forcibly signing wills or contracts, preventing from seeking employment.
- Damage to Property
- Acts by a third party on encouragement by the respondent.
An intervention order can have conditions to stop the respondent from:
harassing, threatening, or intimidating you
- being near your house
- contacting you in any way
- damaging your property.
Where do we come in?
Shane McClure’s diligent and astute efforts backed by over 10 years of experience are crucial to a successful Intervention Order appearance in Court. Shane is known for his supportive approach in your times of emotional and financial strains.
Shane will listen to your side of the story, negotiate on your behalf, make appropriate submissions to the court, and ensure where necessary, the court is made aware of your position.
- Regards your safety and security first
- Shane listens to your side neutrally and takes legal suggestions to court based on your position
- Brings a simple yet comprehensive line of options to defendants
- Encourage defendants to accept responsibility and take steps to avoid committing abuse.
Shane McClure regularly appears in all Victorian courts and can plan and prepare your case to enable you to obtain the best possible result. Shane McClure serves all areas of Victoria and can represent you. Click here to contact us and make an enquiry. Shane McClure has the experience, understanding and compassion to help you.
Works tirelessly to protect the things that matter most to you
Real World Resilience
Shane translates his life experiences into practical legal advice.
Shane works hard to understand your story.
Shane doesn’t give up, give in, or quit.