criminal lawyer near me
when you need a tough, seasoned criminal lawyer on your side who will work hard for you and get results
If you are asking yourself the question “who is the most suitable criminal lawyer near me”, Shane McClure is the one you should get in touch with. He will work to defend your rights and fight for the appropriate representation you require.
Being charged with a criminal offence is a very serious matter that could affect the rest of your life if not dealt with properly. You can get a criminal record and there are serious penalties, such as fines and jail time, depending on the seriousness of the offence. However, relying on the services of experienced criminal lawyer such as Shane McClure can help minimise the consequences.
Depending on the seriousness of the offence or even if you are falsely accused, you may face severe reprimand from the law. If you find yourself in such a situation, you must choose an experienced and practical criminal lawyer in Victoria who can help you navigate the legal procedure.
HERE’S WHAT WE DO
As a criminal lawyer in Victoria, Shane McClure is personally committed to each of his clients. Shane will scrutinise the evidence, lead people through the elaborate prosecution elaborate briefs and paperwork, and their options, and ultimately provide the best solution to your criminal charges. issue.
As soon as you call Shane’s office, they will immediately draw your case profile and draft up options based on 10+ years of experience in multiple Victorian courts. Shane recognises that being charged with a criminal offence is a serious matter and will provide you with a detailed and realistic roadmap and stick with you until the end.
WHAT TYPE OF CASES DO WE TAKE ON
Whether you have been charged with drink driving, drug possession, theft, shoplifting, assault, carrying a weapon, or breaking and entering, Shane can help. Shane has a strong knowledge of the applicable laws and will be able to explain these to you in plan, understandable English.
- Summary and Indictable charges
- Aggravated Break and Enter
- Armed Robbery
- Assault occasioning Grievous Bodily Harm.
- Assault Police
- Breach of Intervention Order
- Break and Enter
- Centrelink Offences
- Contempt of Court
- Contravene Family Violence Intervention Order
- Contravene Personal Safety Intervention Order
- Cyber Fraud
- Documents Containing Threats
- Dangerous Driving
- Destroy property
- Drink Driving
- Drive whilst Disqualified
- Drug Charges
- Drug offences Drug Supply and Trafficking offences
- Drug Possession
- Firearms and weapons
- Independent Broad-based Anti-Corruption Commission investigations and hearings (IBAC)
- Intentionally or recklessly cause injury
- Intentionally or recklessly cause serious injury
- Hoon laws
- Intervention Orders
- Kidnapping – Take/detain person for advantage
- Offensive Conduct
- Perverting the course of justice
- Police Pursuit
- Proceeds of Crime
- Possess Housebreaking Implements
- Receiving stolen goods
- Resist Arrest or hinder police
- Robbery in company and armed robbery
- Sex offences
- Soliciting Prostitution
- Stolen Property
- Unlawful Entry
- Using Intoxicating Substance to Commit an Indictable Offence
- Use Carriage Service to Menace
- Weapons offences.
Shane also does bail applications and appeals against sentence.
Shane regularly does pleas of guilty to charges and will negotiate with the Police and Director of Public Prosecutions to reduce charges and amend statement of facts where applicable.
WHEN TO HIRE A CRIMINAL DEFENCE LAWYER
Lawyer up. Hire a criminal defence lawyer when you have been charged with a crime of any kind. Or when you discover, or even become suspicious that you are being investigated for an offence. Find a criminal defence lawyer who can represent your interests, fight for your reputation, and have the charges against you either dismissed or at the very least minimised.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO IF YOU ARE ARRESTED BY THE POLICE OR ARE SET TO APPEAR IN COURT?
- Firstly, cooperate with the police and the court.
- If you do not appear in court on your date, either a warrant could be issued leading to your arrest, or you could face a penalty for non-cooperation.
- Do not panic.
- The court has to prove you guilty beyond reasonable doubt(s), before issuing any penalties or sentences.
- Contact Shane McClure top criminal lawyer in Victoria, before the police begin to interrogate you. Shane will take care of your rights and guide you constantly through the proceedings.
DO YOU REALLY HAVE TO GO TO COURT IF YOU ARE CHARGED WITH A CRIMINAL OFFENCE?
If you have been charged with a criminal offence and you do not go to court as required, a warrant could be issued, leading to your arrest for failure to appear in Court or, worse, the court could find you guilty in your absence.
As a reminder, it’s not because you are charged with a crime that you will automatically be held responsible; the prosecution will first have to prove that you are guilty beyond reasonable doubt, which will require them to present adequate evidence during trial. A good criminal lawyer will examine the evidence, how it was obtained and make sure that it can legally be used against you in court.
HOW WILL SHANE HELP YOU ACHIEVE SUCCESS
- Shane will explain the complex legalities in simple terms without excessive legal jargon.
- Effective arguments. Shane is himself intellectually rebellious and will give you only realistic and honest advice.
- You will get a profiled analysis of your case and a fully customised roadmap with a high-level strategy for trials.
- Shane himself grew up in a small country town and has also done his share of big city living. This gives him a breadth of knowledge and expertise on social tendencies and law.
- Shane will help you whether it’s your first ever offence, or something more.
- Help with negotiations with the police.
- Shane will not shy over uncomfortable topics and provides everyone with his full support.
BUT REALLY, HOW WILL SHANE HELP YOU!?
- You can schedule a no-obligation FREE call to discuss your enquiry. After-hours appointments available
- Excellent listener
- In-depth research
- Understands that there are two sides to every story. Compassion and understanding.
- Strategic planning
- Ten years plus experience of appearing as a criminal lawyer in Victoria’s courts.
- Shane also offers services in Family, Parenting, Intervention Orders, Mediation with the same skill proficiency and competence.
HERE IS A CLIENT TESTIMONIAL REGARDING OUR CRIMINAL LAWYER DEFENCE SERVICES
I was a silly boy once and ended up getting into a fight coming out of my local pub; things didn’t end up so good for me. Not wanting to be outdone and knowing where the other person lived, I ended up going around to his house the next afternoon to attempt to settle the score. He wasn’t there and, when I got home, I discovered the Police at my door. Not only was I formally charged, but I didn’t think I would get bail.
Shane McClure ended up helping me sort out my mess. He knew where I was coming from and I am glad that he helped me with my criminal charges.
Remember, if you are asking yourself the question “who is the most suitable criminal lawyer near me”, Shane McClure is the one you should get in touch with. Shane McClure regularly appears in all Victorian courts and can plan and prepare your case to enable you to obtain the best possible result. Shane McClure serves all areas of Victoria and can represent you. Click here to contact us and make an enquiry. Shane McClure has the experience, understanding and compassion to help you.
Works tirelessly to protect the things that matter most to you
Real World Resilience
Shane translates his life experiences into practical legal advice.
Shane works hard to understand your story.
Shane doesn’t give up, give in, or quit.